Precision manufacturing with any material
Waterjet cutting is a tremendously versatile CAD/CAM technology. With over 15 years of experience, we offer our design & manufacture service to a vast sector of industries including: Aerospace, Automotive, Marine, Building/Civil Engineering as well as Architects, Sculptors, Interior Designers and many more.
- 4000 Bar cutting pressure
- Functions as both a water only and water-abrasive combination
- Small jet diameter allows for incredible detailing
- A green cutting technology
Why choose waterjet?
Using this cold cutting process at Mach 2 speed we can produce accurate, burr free profiles, creating no heat distortion or heat affected zones. Tight computer nesting ensures the optimum, economical usage of materials in virtually any known material: metal, natural stone, glass, composites, wood, mdf, plastics, rubber, ceramics to list but a few. With machine bed size of 3m x 2m we can handle large and small components, whilst accommodating single/prototype parts to large repeat batch work.
- No heat distortion or internal stresses develop
- No tooling costs
- Twin head cutting for duplicate parts
- Tight nesting of parts into material minimise wastage
- Profile thick materials (approx 250 mm)
- Tight tolerance (±0.2 mm)
- Allows for detailed design thanks to small jet diameter
Composite waterjet profiling
Our machinery uses a unique pre-piercing system that reduces delamination risk at initial piercing.
- Carbon fibre laminate without delamination. Used for international racing boats.
- Composite panels with core. Used for international racing boats.
- Prototype laminate products for regional and international universities.
Metals and pipes waterjet profiling
With a jet width <1.5mm, we can tackle any metal project with a high level of accuracy and minimal taper.
- 5 1/2 Inch (127mm) aluminum billets. Reducing bulk material using waterjet as opposed to costly CNC Milling.
- High Volume Mild Steel for Marine Industry. Urgent turnarounds for many cargo ships entering Southampton.
Stone, tiles, ceramics and porcelain profiling
Perfect for tile cutting and pattern work. Combined with our stone expertise we can further fabricate detailing, polishing, fixings or mitre joints.
- Inlay flooring of detailed patterns of various materials.
- Tile cutting of difficult to machine ceramics & porcelains.
- Cutting of awkward shaped tiles from mark ups
Plastics, glass, exotics and downright different
The waterjet cutting process can handle almost any material. We love a challenge!
- Acryllic plastic disks for government testing
- Rubber prototypes used in aerospace testing
- LCD computer screen panels for fire and materials testing
- Marine plywood boat frames & curved oak profiles.
Metal Work & Fabrication
Our connections with local fabricators and finishers ensure we can produce a finished product instead of a part process. Our design & fabrication experience with 2D and 3D CAD can reduce your project costs by simplifying the design and manufacture process. Please contact us for further information on how we can help.
Stonework & Fabrication
Our expertise in natural stone can help you achieve your end goal. From design to installation we are here to help. We offer advice on material suitability, chemical sealing, 2D and 3D CAD to all aspects in fabrication. A one stop shop for any stonework. Please contact us for further information on how we can help.
Over 18 years of experience in the industry has given us confidence with an abundance of materials. From one off’s to small batch work to large scale design projects we are here to help.
With our premises located in Southampton, we are perfectly suited to deal with urgent requirements in the South and further afield if required. We particularly pride ourselves on our short lead times, offering you a fast, efficient facility without compromising quality. An all round service that is second to none.
Ideally we work from your supplied CAD files and accept drawings in DWG/DXF format. However, we can also work to templates or even a simple, dimensioned sketch, if you can design it we can cut it!
For more information please give us a call and we will be delighted to discuss your requirements.